People who don’t give a fig about America. By the look of the KABC TV cameras outside Best Buy tonight, these Thanksgiving shoppers do not appear to be descendants of the Pilgrims on the Mayflower.
I’d rather be alone, 90% of the time, than with people like me. My peers in frustration? It’s just too depressing. I prefer the company of people who are better than me, folks with marriages, children, careers, and responsibility.
I wonder if I should try that fainting thing I see women pulling all the time in movies? Has that ever worked for you? Ohhhh, I’m feeling so weak, unsteady, everything’s spinning, pffff.
I hate riding the bus. Too many poor people. I prefer trains, planes and automobiles.
I only enjoy the company of about 1% of the people I meet, but about 50% of the professional writers I meet and about 20% of the Orthodox Jews (and British commonwealth ex-pats) I meet. Rather than hang out with people I’m indifferent to, I’d rather be alone and read. I’m getting over the flu today and am reading this book (later will watch Foyle’s War).
I’ve had this weird understated flu the past week, making me a tad dizzy. I wish there was a website where I could see what crud was going around. I’d find it comforting to know how many other were suffering similarly.
I signed up for the free 7-day trial of Hulu and found I just can’t put up with the ads (unless it is a live sporting event). Netflix has spoiled me. There’s so much good stuff on there, why would I put up with 60 seconds of ads every ten minutes on Hulu?
I was watching the Australian TV show The Straits. Here’s some Aussie slang: Tropo = gone tropical = black, which in the show means violent, impulsive, and the attendant low-IQ behaviors.
* TV doesn’t get any better than seasons three and four of Boardwalk Empire.
* New York Times is fine with putting nipples on the front page just so long as men won’t find it exciting.
* “Pop music is pop music… It’s always going to cater to a younger generation. The older you get the “worse” it gets.” (Gareth)
* Toronto mayor Rob Ford claims he has ‘more than enough to eat at home’ and the media tut tut about his graphic and shocking language about oral sex. Since when did Seventh-day Adventist morality take over the MSM? What was so shocking about his remark? This same MSM praised the R-rated movie The Aristocrats. Now that was shocking.
* Whether or not there is a trend to this knockout game, here are the homicide stats from the Obama administration: “Blacks were disproportionately represented as both homicide victims and oﬀenders.…The oﬀending rate for blacks (34.4 per 100,000) was almost 8 times higher than the rate for whites (4.5 per 100,000).”