According to Wikipedia: “The deep state (Turkish: derin devlet) is alleged to be a group of influential anti-democratic coalitions within the Turkish political system, composed of high-level elements within the intelligence services (domestic and foreign), Turkish military, security, judiciary, and mafia. The notion of deep state is similar to that of a “state within the state”. For those who believe in its existence, the political agenda of the deep state involves an allegiance to nationalism, corporatism, and state interests. Violence and other means of pressure have historically been employed in a largely covert manner to manipulate political and economic elites and ensure specific interests are met within the seemingly democratic framework of the political landscape.”
Suppose that the United States has a deep state and these elites take over and run the country along Christian nationalist lines. What would happen?
Perhaps things such as the following:
* The practice of Islam will become a crime.
* Apartheid with blacks and other high-crime groups limited to certain townships.
* Only men who own property will be allowed to vote.
* All Jews will have to register and their activities will be closely monitored to make sure their behavior aligns with the interests of America. They may be pushed to emigrate. They may be pushed out of many professions and universities.
* Working against national interests will be prohibited with penalties that include death.
* People in the United States illegally will face the death penalty.
* A big fence will go up along the southern border with Mexico and it will be armed with machine guns.
* Foreign policy would turn isolationist and law enforcement would racially profile.
* Affirmative action, to the extent it exists, will be on behalf of the majority population.
* Charles Kors writes: “Imagine secular, skeptical, or leftist faculty and students confronted by a religious harassment code that prohibited “denigration” of evangelical or Catholic beliefs, or that made the classroom or campus a space where evangelical or Catholic students must be protected against feeling “intimidated,” offended,” or, by their own subjective experience, victims of a “hostile environment. Imagine a university of patriotic “loyalty oaths” where leftists were deemed responsible for the tens of millions of victims of communism, and where free minds were prohibited from creating a hostile environment for patriots, or from offending that “minority” of individuals who are descended from Korean or Vietnam War veterans. Imagine, as well, that for every “case” that became public, there were scores or hundreds of cases in which the “offender” or “victimizer,” desperate to preserve a job or gain a degree, accepted a confidential plea bargain that included a semester’s or a year’s reeducation in “religious sensitivity” or “patriotic sensitivity” seminars run by the university’s “Evangelical Center, “Patriotic Center,” or “Office of Religious and Patriotic Compliance.”
Imagine an America run on these lines.