Great questions fall into a number of categories. They all share a few traits:
- They are original.
- They bring out an old memory.
- They bring out a positive emotion.
- They challenge her.
Let’s get onto the questions:
1. Did you have an Imaginary friend when you were young?
2. Do you remember your first day at school?
This is a question that brings out strong emotions because it is something that they probably haven’t talked about for a long time, but that has strong emotions attached to it.
3. If you could wake up tomorrow anywhere in the world, where would it be?
This is another good question and replaces boring questions on this subject such as “do you like travel?” and “did you go on holiday this year”. Get her to describe the place vividly until she feels like she is there!
4. Are your friends mostly men or women?
This tells you something about their character and also gets them talking about people they care about and their friends.