I dug up the tax return for the Jewish Community Foundation from 2006. There’s no return available on guidestar.com for 2007.
I want to understand what culpability the Jewish Community Foundation has for its bad investments with Bernie Madoff.
It lists the top five paid employees for that year:
* Simone Savlov $233,000
* Baruch Littman $164,000
* Elliot Kristal $162,000
* Susan Grinel $152,000
* Steven Price $151,000
It spent about $64,000 for public relations and $454,000 on marketing.
Shuls and churches and mosques don’t have to file 990 tax returns with the IRS, so I can’t dig these up for all our favorite shuls and publish them.
In 2006, according to this return, the Jewish Community Foundation gave out these sums to these places:
* Jewish Television Network $100,000
* American Friends of the Hebrew University $151,543
* United Jewish Fund $189,429
* St. Johns Hospital $1,000,000
* American Kosher Supervision $450,000
* Congregation Torah V Chesed $2,550,000
* Mercaz Beth Jacob in Eretz Yisroel $100,000
* Yeshivath Torath Emeth Academy $500,000