Does anyone doubt that Donald Trump will be tougher on Muslims in America than any other presidential candidate?
Donald Trump’s current take on Muslims: They’re not Swedes
In a new interview with CBS News anchor Scott Pelley, Donald Trump explains that his failure to correct a New Hampshire town hall attendee’s paranoia about Islam was due not to bigotry, but to realism.
“I love the Muslims,” says Trump. “Now we could say there are no problems with the Muslims. There’s no problems. There’s no terrorism. There’s no problems. There’s no anything. They didn’t knock down the World Trade Center. To the best of my knowledge the people that knocked down the World Trade Center — you know where they’re — they didn’t fly back to Sweden, okay.”
Trump’s quick invocation of Sweden, a mostly Lutheran nation not known for violence of any kind, might have come as a surprise, if he hadn’t done it so recently. The Republican front-runner’s concise argument for religious profiling has come up again and again in the wake of the Islam gaffe.
“I think that a lot of people see it and they see what’s happening and they turn on their television every night and they see all of the tremendous damage and destruction that’s being caused and, you know, they hear about ISIS and they figure ISIS is not exactly located in the middle of Sweden,” Trump told Fox News’s Greta Van Susteren on Monday’s episode of “On the Record.” “I said the other day to somebody, ‘you know, I don’t notice too many Swedish people going back after the bombing of the World Trade Center.'”
Previously, it was CNN’s turn to hear about the Swedes. “You have radicals that are doing things,” Trump told Jake Tapper on this past Sunday’s episode of “State of the Union.” “I mean, it wasn’t people from Sweden who blew up the World Trade Center, Jake.”
And four years ago, during Trump’s brief and aborted flirtation with a presidential campaign, he trotted out the Swedish line when Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly asked if there was a “Muslim problem in the world.”
“Absolutely,” said Trump. “Absolutely. I didn’t notice Swedish people knocking down the World Trade Center.”
The 19 hijackers directly involved with the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks hailed from Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt and Lebanon. Trump is correct in saying that none were Swedish.
* I’m gunna repost a link to an article in that notoriously xenophobic rag, The Economist.
It’s primarily about Somali immigrants in Britain – only 1 in 10 of whom works a full-time job – but it also contains a useful graph detailing the employment rates (including part-time employment) of various immigrant groups in England and Wales.
Employment Rate by Nationality:
1) New Zealanders – 80%
2) Poles – 78%
3) Lithuanians – 78%
4) Bangladeshis – 43%
5) Afghans – 42%
6) Somalis – 30%
In other words, an immigrant from New Zealand – most likely belonging to that lazy, Anglo-Saxon/Celtic population which comprises Great Britain – is almost twice as likely to be employed as someone from the brave, hardworking, vibrant Muslim peoples of the sub-continent.
* “The fungibility of people is the core tenet of PC – the religion of the modern era.
People are fungible, but diverse. People are different, but not in any meaningful way, which is why diversity is of the utmost importance. One of my favorite doctrines of the Church of PC.
This is of a piece with all of their other doctrines:
1) It is perfectly ok and even morally obligatory to use drugs and surgery to turn a male into a female (or vice versa) – even on prepubescent minors – but it is akin to genocide to use mild psychotherapy to try to help a gay adolescent become straight.
2) Developing technologies and medicines to help “men in women’s bodies” to more easily become women will be fastracked, but technologies and medicines to help gay kids be straight or help men feel comfortable in their male body will be defunded and banned.
3) Abortion is ok at any point during pregnancy for any reason, unless that abortion is to abort a gay kid or a female.
4) The world is overpopulated, which is why Western countries need to open their borders and be flooded with Third Worlders.
5) Incentives (e.g., welfare) don’t alter human behavior, ever.
* It’s funny the old time Wehrmacht operating in North Africa had no problems with the locals. They just made it clear if they f**ked with their men, they’d kill lots of Muzzies on the spot.
Worked like a charm.
When the Americans invaded they made the mistake of using Arab laborers who proceeded to steal us blind, we then went to using Italian POWs which worked out quite well.
When we asked the Germans why they didn’t have problems they stated they shot them on the spot for stealing.
It’s about the only thing Arabs understand.