I’m feeling emotional about watching the Australian movie about INXS — Never Tear Us Apart.
INXS was my first rock concert — in the summer of 1985. I was 19.
I will not end up like Michael Hutchence because:
* I don’t drink or drug or hang out with those who do.
* I belong to an organized religion.
* I believe in God.
* I go to therapy every week.
* I write in my journal every day.
* I go to 12-step groups.
* I practice the principles of the Alexander Technique.
* For all the darkness I allow into my life, I always insist on pursuing some transcendence every day and never allow the scales to tilt towards destruction.
* Every day, I choose life.