I notice that many people have a compulsion to be frantically busy. What do they get out of overscheduling themselves?
* It enables them to detach from reality and to live in fantasy. They can imagine that they are supermen, that they are not subject to the same frailties that afflict mere mortals.
* It precipitates collapse and total evasion of responsibility.
* It enables them to avoid doing difficult, painful, important, time-consuming non-urgent work because they are just too busy with trivia.
* It gives them an excuse to evade commitments. “I’m just too busy!”
* It enables them to not listen to others.
* It gives them an excuse to avoid making painful priorities and painful decisions.
* It enables you to lie to yourself and to others because you are living in delusion.