Dennis Prager writes: 1. President Obama refuses to identify the greatest world evil since Nazism and communism. We all know it is a variation on Islam, whether it is called “radical Islam,” “Islamism,” “Muslim extremism” or “jihadis.” But the president, his administration, and the State Department all refuse to use any of those terms. Instead, the only term permitted is “violent extremism.”
This past week, President Obama convened an international summit in Washington, D.C., which he called “Countering Violent Extremism.” Not once in his description of the event did he use any word related to Islam. Not “Muslim,” or “Islamic,” or “jihadist” or “Islamist,” or “radical Islamist” or anything else identifying the fact that virtually all the “violent extremism” in the world to today is carried out by Muslims.
2. President Obama removed American troops from Iraq, enabling Islamic State to conquer about one-third of Iraq, and a similarly large portion of Syria. The president and his defenders blame then-president of Iraq, Nouri al-Maliki, for excluding Iraq’s Sunnis from power sharing and blame former President George W. Bush for invading Iraq in the first place. But whatever one thinks of Maliki or of the original decision to invade, the reason Islamic State took over much of Iraq was Obama’s insistence on abandoning Iraq.
3. On Feb. 10, President Obama described the murderers of Jews in the Parisian kosher grocery as “a bunch of violent, vicious zealots who behead people or randomly shoot a bunch of folks in a deli in Paris.” For some reason, in that interview, he couldn’t mention that they were Jews, murdered because they were Jews.
4. President Obama was asked by the left-wing Internet site Vox, “Do you think the media sometimes overstates the level of alarm people should have about terrorism and this kind of chaos, as opposed to a longer-term problem of climate change and epidemic disease?”
The president’s response: “Absolutely.”
5. Many tens of thousands of people have been killed by radical Muslims; Boko Haram now controls an area in West Africa the size of Belgium; Islamist butchers compete with one another over who can engage in the greater atrocity, European terror is becoming routine; Al-Shabaab calls on American Muslims to murder people in the Mall of America; vast numbers of girls are kidnapped and sold as sex slaves; and the president of the United States thinks the press overstates the threat of Islamist terror while understating the threat of climate change.
6. In that interview, President Obama entertained the possibility that in Iran, “according to their Supreme Leader, it would be contrary to their faith to obtain a nuclear weapon.”
How deep does the president’s naiveté about evil go?
"Luke Ford reports all of the 'juicy' quotes, and has been doing it for years." (Marc B. Shapiro)
"This guy knows all the gossip, the ins and outs, the lashon hara of the Orthodox world. He’s an [expert] in... all the inner workings of the Orthodox world." (Rabbi Aaron Rakeffet-Rothkoff)
"This generation's Hillel." (Nathan Cofnas)