My thought — there’s little that is distinctively Christian about Obama.
On his radio show today, Dennis Prager says: Here are some possible reasons.
* The only church we have him associated with celebrated race more than religion. It was not a black church in the way we understand black churches. It was a fringe-type church where blackness was celebrated at least as much as Christianity and Jesus is changed into a black man. There’s no reason to believe Jesus was black.
* People get vibes. Sometimes our vibes are wrong, so you can’t go only by vibes. I accept the president is a Christian.
* “He has an affinity and an inner positive gut reaction that is not shared by most Americans…with Islam. He has said it himself. He said in Cairo that he recalls warmly the muezzin (Muslim call to prayer).”
* The president’s behavior and vocabulary does not send Christian vibes.
* If a conservative Muslim ran against a left-wing Jew, I’d vote for the conservative Muslim.