* Is there any connection between the countless examples of arson in downtown Portland and the wildfires in Oregon?
* You spent three months telling people that you were going to burn everything to the ground, and then a bunch of fires happen. What do you expect people to think? Why would I care about your protestations of innocence?
But if they want to deny it, does this mean they’re admitting that they were full of shit when they threatened to burn everything down? Because if they were serious, then why would they even feel bad about all the fires now? This is what they said they wanted.
* Forest fires really are a function of conditions more than intentions.
Arsonists may or may not try, but if conditions aren’t right, they won’t accomplish much. Conversely, given dry fuel, high temperatures, and some wind — you’ll get fires.
I’ve been looking at the weather. Well, the temperature’s going to drop, and there’s even some rain forecast for sometime next week.
This is going to last through the weekend, then it’ll end — whatever the arsonists do or don’t do.
An Antifa militant in Oregon is responsible for the fires. He livestreamed his own arrest. Holy crap! https://t.co/v4vlOfvTVI
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) September 10, 2020
* Twitter’s giving a safety warning on the link to The Post Millennial:
The link you are trying to access has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially spammy or unsafe, in accordance with Twitter’s URL Policy. This link could fall into any of the below categories:
● malicious links that could steal personal information or harm electronic devices
● spammy links that mislead people or disrupt their experience
● violent or misleading content that could lead to real-world harm
● certain categories of content that, if posted directly on Twitter, are a violation of the Twitter Rules
Gotta love how they’re conflating malicious hacking/phishing sites with thoughtcrime sites. I’m sure that won’t cause any problems for people in the future.
* the mugshots of the arsonists tend to have the same homely physiognomy as antifa mugshots. I think that the real danger, or benefit, depending on how you look at it, of AI facial recognition is that it eventually will be able to “recognize” people who are just losers and criminal types based on how they look, either for genetic reasons (probable), or based on how society treats homely people.
* Who’s been recorded using fireworks in Portland for months now?
Waves of attacks by white supremacists, of course.