I have a code of conduct for people who appear on my Youtube channel (either as guests or as commenters).
* Apply the Principle of Charity. “In philosophy and rhetoric, the principle of charity or charitable interpretation requires interpreting a speaker’s statements in the most rational way possible and, in the case of any argument, considering its best, strongest possible interpretation. In its narrowest sense, the goal of this methodological principle is to avoid attributing irrationality, logical fallacies, or falsehoods to the others’ statements, when a coherent, rational interpretation of the statements is available. According to Simon Blackburn, “it constrains the interpreter to maximize the truth or rationality in the subject’s sayings.””
* My channel is a support-free zone. We don’t support each other. We challenge each other. Support is for people who are dying.
* Be civil. Be righteous.
* I regard the internet as part of the real world and thus real world rules apply to my show. Don’t say things on the stream or in the chat or in comments that you wouldn’t say face to face. Don’t muse about suicide. Don’t say things you’d regret being published in the New York Times beside a photo of your face.
* Don’t swear. The following words should never be uttered on my channel: n*gger, k*ke, c*nt, f*g. I’d be happy to never hear f*ck or sh*t.
* Don’t interrupt. Don’t promote porn. Don’t use raunchy and sexually explicit language.
* Take care to spell and punctuate correctly. Use proper grammar.
* Don’t describe races or religions or ethnicities as sub-human. Don’t describe such groups with slurs such as animals or parasites or crooks or thieves or criminals. Don’t demean entire races and religions.
* Don’t promote violence or criminal behavior.
* If you want to hurt someone, don’t do it on my show.
* Don’t be rude. Don’t harass. Don’t threaten. Don’t doxx.
* Don’t encourage reporting of people for TOS violations or tax violations or copyright violations, etc.
* Don’t feud. Don’t pick needless fights. Don’t go to war.
* Don’t use psychology as a weapon. Don’t call people crazy.
* Don’t encourage economic warfare. Don’t try to ruin anyone’s business. Don’t try to ruin anyone’s life. Don’t try to get anyone fired.
* Avoid ad hominem attacks. Don’t libel. Don’t accuse people of criminal behavior unless you can point to clear evidence.
* Don’t fling slurs. Name-calling is not an argument. Laughter is not an argument.
* Don’t attack motives.
* The only honorable arguments are those disputing an opponent’s facts and logic.
* Don’t make lewd comments to women on the show or in the chat.
* When in doubt, act like you are in church or synagogue.
* Different types of discussions have different rules. A comedic show has looser rules than a serious show.
* I treat everyone differently. I treat women different from men, aristocrats different from proles, comics different from the irony-free, people of stature different from losers.
* People who make me unhappy don’t get invited back.
* My tradition teaches a message of radical inclusion and love. Will you sit down and learn Torah with me, and learn love?
Hate speech is not allowed on YouTube. We remove content promoting violence or hatred against individuals or groups based on any of the following attributes:
Victims of a major violent event and their kin
If you’re posting content
Don’t post content on YouTube if the purpose of that content is to do one or more of the following.
Encourage violence against individuals or groups based on any of on the attributes noted above. We don’t allow threats on YouTube, and we treat implied calls for violence as real threats. You can learn more about our policies on threats and harassment.
Incite hatred against individuals or groups based on any of the attributes noted above.
Other types of content that violates this policy
Dehumanizing individuals or groups by calling them subhuman, comparing them to animals, insects, pests, disease, or any other non-human entity.
Praise or glorify violence against individuals or groups based on the attributes noted above.
Use racial, ethnic, religious, or other slurs where the primary purpose is to promote hatred.
Use stereotypes that incite or promote hatred based on any of the attributes noted above. This can take the form of speech, text, or imagery promoting these stereotypes or treating them as factual.
Claim that individuals or groups are physically or mentally inferior, deficient, or diseased based on any of the attributes noted for the purpose of inciting hatred. This includes statements that one group is less than another, calling them less intelligent, less capable, or damaged.
Allege the superiority of a group over those with any of the attributes noted above to justify violence, discrimination, segregation, or exclusion.
Conspiracy theories ascribing evil, corrupt, or malicious intent to individuals or groups based on any of the attributes noted above.
Call for the subjugation or domination over individuals or groups based on any of the attributes noted above.
Deny that a well-documented, violent event took place.
Here are examples of hate speech not allowed on YouTube.
“I’m glad this [violent event] happened. They got what they deserved [referring to persons with the attributes noted above].”
“[Person with attributes noted above] are dogs” or “[person with attributes noted above] are like animals.”
“Get out there and punch a [person with attributes noted above].”
“Everyone in [groups with attributes noted above] are all criminals and thugs.”
“[Person with attributes noted above] is scum of the earth.”
“[People with attributes noted above] are a disease.”
“[People with attributes noted above] are less intelligent than us because their brains are smaller.”
“Our existence is threatened by [group with any of the attributes noted above], so we should drive them out at every chance we get.”
“[Group with any of the attributes noted above] has an agenda to run the world and get rid of us.”
“[Attribute noted above] is just a form of mental illness that needs to be cured.”
“[Person with any of the attributes noted above] shouldn’t be educated in schools because they shouldn’t be educated at all.”
“All of the so-called victims of this violent event are actors. No one was hurt, and this is just a false flag.”