* 2nd Hour: Book Club: Harriet Said
* LA homeless activists fight disease-prevention effort: Guardian: Wealthy Los Angeles grapples with outbreak of typhus among its poorest
* The Left Is Weak, Part 79. The Wrap calls man a “Twitter troll” for tweeting “Dear Diary…” to Jim Acosta: Yahoo: CNN’s Jim Acosta Apologizes After Saying ‘F– You’ to Twitter Troll
+Viganò refutes ++Ouellet’s claim the Holy See was only aware of "rumors," which were not enough to discipline McCarrick. “I affirm to the contrary: that the Holy See was aware of a variety of concrete facts, and is in possession of documentary proof” https://t.co/WbeYXj4LPU
— Edward Pentin (@EdwardPentin) October 19, 2018
* Diversity equals crime + poverty. Reader’s Digest says so! What Every State in America Is Best—and Worst—At
* Max Boot complains he’s a victim of Soviet-style revision (bonus Jennifer Rubin stuff included) WP: Since when does being a conservative mean that you have to follow Donald Trump?
* Josh Chafetz: cheering for the home team is cheering for heterogeneity & racism:
5/ To the extent that "the whole town" turned out and rooted for the same team, Sasse is figuring authentic Americanness as involving small, racially and otherwise homogeneous communities.
— Josh Chafetz (@joshchafetz) October 13, 2018
* America’s long love affair with Lena Dunham is over: Lena Dunham ‘shuts down Lenny Letter’ three years after launch following ‘plunging readership’
This is a real radio ad currently running in Arkansas in support of Republican Congressman French Hill on radio stations targeted to the African American community. I don't even have words to describe it. pic.twitter.com/vpzt1nGPlc
— (((Ben Tribbett))) (@notlarrysabato) October 18, 2018