* South Park did an episode with the boys going to a water park and it being swamped with minorities, to Cartman’s horror. The B-plot consisted of Kyle’s disgust with with the percentage of pee in the pool.
The two plots converged when the percentage of pee in the pool reached a critical mass and the water park, I guess, “erupted” causing total disaster. Percentage of pee was clearly a metaphor for the percentage of non-Whites in America (but of course I would interpret it that way).
Here’s a great song with Cartman asking God to get all the minorities out of his water park:
“The lazy river has never been lazier.”
* Even in the best of times, infrastructure isn’t sexy and doesn’t attract much in the way of funding or attention compared to say protecting illegals, high speed trains and promoting sexual deviancy. It’s not surprising in the least that’s treated politically and funding wise as the red headed step child.
We should consider ourselves lucky that the old school Democrats placed so much emphasis on public works and putting people back to work. At least we got something for our money. Imagine what the country would have looked like if today’s Democrats were running the shop back then. They’re would be no public works, roads, schools, etc. Just hand outs to perverts, feminazis and moochers.
* Non-engineer politicians kick the maintenance can down the road over, and over, and over, hoping that the catastrophic failure does not happen on their watch. They get pretty much zero points for putting $$$ into maintenance and of course the expenditures can be huge and detract from more visible things being demanded and for which they will get political points. When the SHTF, all the former officials and leaders are long gone. No one politician is going to be blamed and in fact there may be good photo ops to cry, show that they care, and then milk the taxpayer for multi-millions in disaster relief because we are not heartless and it would be wrong to not do so. “What else is government for?” as a liberal friend of mine once asked. They might even milk the taxpayer for huge and questionable post-disaster repairs ($18B for post-Katrina work a good investment? I am sure there were no inflated cost estimates in all contracts and every $$ was accounted for…..in Louisiana…..). It also would be heartless to insist that people who decide to live in risky zones like floodplains have adequate insurance policies.
* I’m here to tell you that the pothole problem in Silicon Valley, due to all the recent rain, became extreme nearly overnight. Lots of tires being wiped out. I went by one large pot-hole a few weeks ago that had 5 cars off to the side with flats. I had 2 tires shot, not from any one big pothole, but just lots of long unavoidable ruts of small potholes. They really should pay me to drive on roads that are physically this bad.
I’ve heard that water damage might be more expensive to fix than the results of the big Loma Prieta quake.
California is way behind on its basic physical infrastructure.
Meanwhile, California politics is no doubt concentrating on sanctuary cities and ways around US immigration laws. And, oh, yeah, high speed rail that will move lots of immigrants cheaply north into California real estate developers projects.
* But we did, apparently, have enough taxpayer money to start giving food stamps to noncitizens, giving cash assistance to aged, blind or disabled noncitizens, as well as free strollers and car seats and bicycle helmets to legal and illegal aliens for their many, many children.
It’s a great feeling to know that we paid for our own stroller and groceries AND paid for the stroller and groceries of the often nonworking noncitizens in front of us on line.
* Occam’s Razor says import half of Mexico, get Mexico’s Infrastructure. This is not an isolated event. Rolling Blackouts are common now in SoCal, we had three last Summer. This never used to happen, SoCal native and growing up the power was ALWAYS on.
California has a Mexican Government and Legislature. Pretty much all the Legislative leaders are Mexican, some notably commenting that half their family would be deported if Trump follows through on deporting illegal aliens who have committed felonies. Like Identity Theft. The next Governor is almost certainly going to be Mexican. Mexicans not only are … Mexican, which means they have emotional, familial, and national attachments to Mexico and treat the US as a garbage dump, boarding house, and free stuff pantry, with zero, zilch, nada emotional and national ties to the US. It also means they have little accumulated wealth, human intellectual capital, or anything else to create or maintain expensive, high-maintenance infrastructure.
The Golden Gate Bridge, for example, needs constant painting and inspection. That job never stops. Dams are no different and without expensive, constantly upgraded and repaired infrastructure like dams, power lines, bridges, freeways, rail lines, port facilities, aqueducts, and the like the ability to support 35 Mexicans is nil. Most of LA’s water and power is imported. Soon the California Aqueduct will fail just like Oroville Dam, or the current hodge-podge of creaking transmission lines taking power from as far away as Arizona and Utah. [Las Vegas will fare no better.]
Lesson — living in a First World country is very expensive, having power always on, a secure supply of clean water, treating your sewage, and having a good medical care system from urgent care to first class hospitals requires both money and high IQ manpower. Neither of which are to be found in any quantity in the Third World, regardless if they are in Mexico or the US.
Unfortunately we are in the midst of a Class/Ethnic War, Puritans vs. Rednecks, and that won’t end well.
* Trump should tweet that he will fix this Oroville Dam to help MAGA.
But to relieve the pressure on California’s water system, he is issuing an executive order baring any immigration to California. But since immigrants are free to move within the United States, he’s extending the immigration ban, nationwide.
And to further lighten the load on California, he’s immediately ordering mandatory E-verify for California businesses, and ordering Homeland Security to go all out on workplace enforcement raids, with any illegal aliens found by either measure, immediately deported.
These measures will lighten the population and resource consumption load on California’s neglected infrastructure and give all Californians a better quality of life.
* The lack of TV coverage plus massive evacuation gives it the feel of a movie thriller cover story, as in Godzilla invasion or zombie-virus or Close Encounters of the Third Kind.