Wikipedia: “Korah and his band asked Moses and Aaron why they placed themselves above the rest of the community, for the entire congregation is holy.”
As Tears for Fears put it, everybody wants to rule the world.
Fantastic show tonight Luke. Great between Dennis and Claire. I hate Islam but Claire has a point in that the West has gotten so bad that it either need to get yourself together or other religions will encroach. By allowing clone it is a good platform to pull complete holes in the Islamic ideology. But also when Claire asked Dennis what his plans he was flummoxed. Except build a wall and make it higher etc. I listen to every minute and loved your engagement. You’re obviously a 12-step person. Me too. Booze. Keep on it. Well done!
It sounds mad but the way I see it is that having Claire on makes you guys really get your act together in terms of pushing forward with ideas and practices in action. Believe me she is tough and she will challenge you more and more. She is difficult but she is a white nationalists and has only resorted to this horrible solution of hers because there is nothing else.
They came as a group to oppose Moses and Aaron and said to them, “You have gone too far! The whole community is holy, every one of them, and the Lord is with them. Why then do you set yourselves above the Lord’s assembly?”
4 When Moses heard this, he fell facedown.
* The democratic impulse is that nobody should be above anyone. The aristocratic impulse is to recognize hierarchy. Jewish life has always been more aristocratic than democratic. I run my show according to hierarchy. Not everybody gets equal time to speak.
* Moshe’s response of falling on his face is not impressive. A leader should not fall down when he’s challenged. There’s nothing wrong with falling your face before God, but do it privately not in front of your people.
* “When you come at the king, you best not miss.” (Omar Little on The Wire)
* Sometimes you have to deliberately separate yourself from those who are about to be immolated. We have a saying in 12-Step, stick with the winners. If I let every depressed person bend my ear, that will drag me down. Lots of people will drag you down. So if you separate yourself from toxic people in real life, should you block them on Twitter as well?
When Korah had gathered all his followers in opposition to them at the entrance to the tent of meeting, the glory of the Lord appeared to the entire assembly. 20 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron, 21 “Separate yourselves from this assembly so I can put an end to them at once.”
22 But Moses and Aaron fell facedown and cried out, “O God, the God who gives breath to all living things, will you be angry with the entire assembly when only one man sins?”
23 Then the Lord said to Moses, 24 “Say to the assembly, ‘Move away from the tents of Korah, Dathan and Abiram.’”
25 Moses got up and went to Dathan and Abiram, and the elders of Israel followed him. 26 He warned the assembly, “Move back from the tents of these wicked men! Do not touch anything belonging to them, or you will be swept away because of all their sins.” 27 So they moved away from the tents of Korah, Dathan and Abiram. Dathan and Abiram had come out and were standing with their wives, children and little ones at the entrances to their tents.
28 Then Moses said, “This is how you will know that the Lord has sent me to do all these things and that it was not my idea: 29 If these men die a natural death and suffer the fate of all mankind, then the Lord has not sent me. 30 But if the Lord brings about something totally new, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them, with everything that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the realm of the dead, then you will know that these men have treated the Lord with contempt.”
31 As soon as he finished saying all this, the ground under them split apart 32 and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them and their households, and all those associated with Korah, together with their possessions. 33 They went down alive into the realm of the dead, with everything they owned; the earth closed over them, and they perished and were gone from the community. 34 At their cries, all the Israelites around them fled, shouting, “The earth is going to swallow us too!”
35 And fire came out from the Lord and consumed the 250 men who were offering the incense.
* R. Jacob Milgrom: “Abravanel is surely correct that it contains three rebellions in one… Dathan and Abiram vs Moses, Korah and the chieftains vs Aaron, Korah and the Levites vs Aaron… a fourth rebellion should not be overlooked: Korah and the community vs Moses and Aaron.”